Travel insurance is a risk-transfer mechanism which protects you from a loss or losses arising from issues when travelling abroad for business or leisure
Travelling, particularly for leisure, is something that many of us enjoy… when everything runs smoothly of course.
However, there is an inevitability that something beyond your scope of control may go wrong. An example of this is a flight being cancelled due to an airline having fuelling issues or if a passenger falls ill in the course of travelling. This an opportunity for you to benefit from the peace of mind you deserve when travelling.
Travel insurance provides protection for many types of events such as:
M edical, financial and other losses incurred whilst travelling outside the country of residence. It covers the Insured travelers for holiday and business purposes in the event of accidents, sickness (death) or loss of property (luggage) including money, cost of evacuation and repatriation.
It provides cover for travelers up to age of 70years (or up to 85years subject to satisfactory medical examination report)
The policy terms and conditions could be extended to cover:
1) Name (in the order of surname, first name, middle name) of insured person(s)
3) email address,
4) telephone number,
5) Date of Birth
7) Gender: Male or Female,
8) Marital Status: Single or Married,
9) Travel type: Individual, Family or Group,
10) Purpose of Travel: Vacation, Medical Treatment, Sport, Trainings, or others (please specify),
11) Passport No.,
12) Name of Next of Kin,
13) Next of Kin address,
14) Relationship with Next of kin,
15) Coverage start date (if planning to make several trips or travel multiple times, select annual),
16) Coverage end date (if planning to make several trips or travel multiple times, select annual),
17) travel destination (use the dropdown to select the destination)
18) do you intend to stay in any one country for more than 90 days?
19) Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions? If yes please disclose,
20) How did you hear about this travel insurance policy?
21) Choose (tick the designated box) whether it is a Takaful/Islamic insurance product
The payment required to affect an insurance policy is called a ‘premium’ in insurance parlance. It is often payable in advance of the insurance policy being affected
How are premiums calculated?
This is calculated based on age, length of stay and destination
As long as you are honest about the details required to affect Travel Insurance, and honest in providing all the relevant info when making a claim, there’s no major reason for concern.
Typically, unsuccessful claims arise in the event of a customer committing insurance fraud or violating any terms of her/his insurance policy