What is All Risks Insurance?
This policy has very wide scope of cover and is specifically tailored to suit protection of portable and valuable items such as laptop computers, cameras, mobile phones etc.
What makes All Risks Insurance attractive?
The attraction of the policy stems from the fact that covers will operate wherever the item is lost or damaged. The policy covers practically all risks with certain exclusions such as electrical or mechanical derangement or defect
How do I affect All Risks Insurance cover?
- Follow the designated steps on the insurance section of the Money Matters site
- Fill the mandatory boxes with the info relevant to your circumstances:
1) Name of the insured,
2) Residential Address,
4) List the items you would like to cover and also their estimated values,
5) email address,
6) telephone number
7) Choose (tick the designated box) whether it is a Takaful/Islamic insurance product
- Choose the best priced quote and select the option at the bottom of the page to move to the final stage
- Submit payment using the online POS option (a safe and the most convenient payment option) or make contact with our customer service team to conclude policy arrangements
Can I insure more than one item or set of items?
Yes, you can and you’ll just need to list the items and their corresponding values in the designated space to affect cover for all items
What is the name of the payment that is made to affect cover?
The payment required to affect an insurance policy is called a ‘premium’ in insurance parlance. It is often payable in advance of the insurance policy being affected
How are premiums calculated?
The rates of annual premium applicable to the Sum Insured range as hereunder depending on the Sum Insured and the items involved
What happens in the event of an accident and a claim needing to be made?
- You will have contact and other relevant info/instructions provided from the policy’s inception. These will help you as you make contact with the insurance provider
- In the event a claim needs to be made, this will be registered by the insurance provider’s customer service rep
- You’ll be notified whether the claim is successful or not
- Once confirmation has been received that the claim is successful, the amount that the claim is for will be paid out, less the excess fee
What is an excess?
- An excess is a pre-determined figure which will be paid in the event of a successful claim being made. This can be looked at as a nominal or small contribution to the cost of repairing damage or replacing a motor vehicle.
- An example of this may be a stolen laptop in the event of ‘one chance’. If the cost of replacing the item is N80,000 and the excess N20,000, you will receive N78,000 in the event of a successful claim
Is there any reason why a claim may be unsuccessful?
- As long as you are honest about the details required to affect All Risks Insurance , and honest in providing all the relevant info when making a claim, there’s no major reason for concern.
- Typically, unsuccessful claims arise in the event of a customer committing insurance fraud or violating any terms of her/his insurance policy